Welcome!

 Second grade is such an exciting year! It is so rewarding to see how much second graders will grow, both academically and socially.  There are many things I love about teaching, but one of my favorites is the relationship that I get to build with my students AND their families!

    This will be my 22nd year teaching in Oak Park. I started my career here and could not imagine being anywhere else.  I have two kids of my own, so I know how important it is to teach with the whole child in mind. Social skills are just as important as academic skills and we will be working hard at both this year. My daughter, Emmy, is a junior at Lyons Township High School. My son, Charlie, is a freshman!    As we move through the year, please know that I am always available through email and am happy to answer any questions you might have. My email address is: lpelling@op97.org.